« Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats !!! | Main | The Animal Crossing Anime Is Coming »

Top 20 Gayest Video Game Characters - Honorable Mentions And Ones We Missed

Bridget – Guilty Gear Series

Interestingly enough this one skipped right under my radar, but the story is fascinating and odd.

Bridget was one of a set of twin boys born into a village where twin boys were thought to be bad luck. So to save face, his parents raised him as a girl, hiding his true sex from the other villagers. Eventually, Bridget grows up to become a Bounty Hunter to prove that he’s not bad luck after all. His attacks consist of his super power yo-yo and a mechanical bear named Roger. ( I’m not sure of the origins of his nun like outfit, but if anyone knows, please comment!) At the end of one of a few different endings, a character named Johnny mistakes Bridget for a girl and hits on him. Bridget becomes incensed and a fight ensues, calling into question whether he is really “gay” or not. Interestingly enough, among fans, it is not uncommon to see pictures of Bridget with captions such as “Bridget made me gay” and “Everyone is gay for Bridget”. So that leaves us with the burning question…Is Bridget really gay? Let us know what you think in the comment section!

Submitted by cathy344. Thanks Cathy and all at the VE boards for this tip.

asdf said:

I think Bridget had an attraction for Dizzy.

UniversalTarget said:

Bridget was raised as a nun so his sexuality would never be questioned. That’s a rumor, though, it makes perfect sense.

Also, He ends up as Dizzy’s significant other at some point, so he’s not gay. He just likes tall chicks that can kick his ***.

Yuriki said:

The nun uniform is a reference to the main character named Rosette (who is female) in the anime “Chrono Crusade”.

Mitsuru said:

Chrno Crusade was made after Guilty Gear XX.

BridgetFan said:

He’s the hottest girl character ever! ;)

sakura said:

creepy. i was wondering why is Rosette in here since she’s clearly not gay/les. this is interesting.

however, the Chrno Crusade MANGA is published way before 2002 (guilty gear xx release date i think, i checked gamefaqs…). In fact it’s published 1999! of course the anime was made long after the manga started. my guess is that the character design for bridget is a Chrono Crusade fan~

rav said:

Why choose Bridget when you had Venom (also from Guilty Gear) to choose from. At least he’s actually openly gay. Oh and Bridget’s probably still a bit confused about his sexuality, see his comments on getting hit by Faust’s “Blazing Scalpel of Love” special and the way he admires Ky’s “beautiful slender arms” in one of his victory comments.

Anonymous said:

That picture was taken from 4chan.

Ryuu said:

Bridget ends up with Dizzy, or something like that.

Byakko said:

Seriously, Bridget is the LEAST gay of the many many many MANY gay characters in Guilty Gear.

Look at the anime intro! It has Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske crossing swords in a beautiful display of phallic fortitude! Ky Kiske’s hobby is to collect TEACUPS! TEACUPS! Sol Badguy LIKES QUEEN AND FREDDIE MERCURY!

Please, they are SO gay, that none of the highly sexualised female characters even stand a CHANCE!

Not to mention Venom, who properly announced on the Guilty Gear Drama CD his undying gay love for the now (un)dead Eddie (actually, Eddie’s the monster that has now taken over his undead body. The guy’s original name was ironically, a series of numbers like a form of a codename)

Kimba said:

Venom would’ve been a much more appropriate choice, as others have said. He’s openly gay…for Zato-1 (the body that Eddie inhabits now). I mean, hell, Ky would’ve been a better choice. TEACUPS!

Bridget isn’t gay…he’s shown interest in May, Dizzy, and even Millia.

Guilty Gear plot FAQ.

On Venom, though…”If he receives the Shigekiteki Zetsumeiken, AKA Scalpel Enema, from Faust, one of his lines is ‘Nobody other than HE can do that!’”

Story FAQ, Ctrl+F for Name: Bridget.

Platy said:

Bridget is a LESBIAN mtf transexual =D

NekoMode said:

I wouldn’t think that Bridget himself is gay but he pings on the gaydar because he secretes an ultra powerful male pheromone so powerful that it can turn straight men gay. I think he is more of a victim of other’s gayness (induced by his unwitting pheromones) than gay himself. Its not like you can control what sorta pheromones you release so I can’t really blame him… in fact I would almost feel sorrt for him if not for the fact that I too am gay for him.

... I blame the pheromones

Eric said:

Bridget’s sexuality isn’t the issue. It’s whether or not a person can be considered gay for falling for a guy who grew up as a female.

Yeah, Venom is definitely gay.

Ky and Sol. So gay together.

Bridgette makes others gay.

Countess-D said:

I agree with NekoMode. Its not that Bridget is gay (on that matter I think he just don’t have the maturity and brains to decide whether he likes boys or girls, but he do is Dizzy’s friend. Consider that as his love interest or a girlfriend to braid his hair O_o?). Is that he looks cuter than a girl! Take Rosette for example: IMO he looks cuter than her! That’s the reason for all those “Bridget made me gay” and “Everyone is gay for Bridget” comments. He’s so cute, even if you’re straight, you’ve to stop and compliment that (I’m straight, a girl, and I Bridget isn’t my type (I like men who look like men) but even I have to recognise he’s the cuttest “girl” in the game).

As for the choice, I also believe Venom should be here instead of Bridget. That “Nobody other than HE can do that!” is true O_O besides, the guy is Zatos’s lapdog-bitch who does a whole lot of shit for him so at the very least we have to recognise that.

As for Sol and Ky, I won’t judge the teacups, nor the choice of music, but what I read, happens in a novel (or was it a drama cd?). In the novel/drama-cd I-no travels back in time to ensue that things go smoothly for “that man” in the future/present and she has to interfere saving Ky who was killed by justice. The thing is that Sol became pretty pissed over Ky’s death and even went as far as following Justice more than wanting to stop her, to avenge him…or something like that wish I had that novel/drama-cd =_=

Oh, and Zappa’s outfit also looks kinda gay O_o…

I love this game for its gayness xD!

Jared said:

Oh man… we need like half of the GG cast on here.

At least: Venom, Testament and Zappa to round it out… however, ask anyone’s first impression when they found out “B” was actually male, and they were like “You’ve GOT to be shittin’ me…”

Jamie said:

Okay. No-one THAT girly could be straight. He has no testosterone and that is one reason why he could genuinely be gay. To be honest, when I see pictures of him banging girls it disgusts me. Because it's rape and he obviously isnt into it.

He's gay. He likes guys. He got shy when Johnny hit on him like a girl would and it shouted gay. So yeah. I doubt he's hetro.

Jimmy said:

Is Bridget gay? Me dunno.

-- (S)he does dress as a nun
-- (S)he does use a girl's name
-- (S)he does NOT have a girlfriend

-- OTOH, (S)he does not have a boyfriend, either

Then again, (S)he doe attract boys...

Evilkitty said:

I think everyone would go gay for Bridget. Guys would go gay and girls lesbian. Bridget is a hermaphrodite.....Dare I say it, I would go gay for Bridget.