« New Games For The Week Of 10.22.06 | Main | World's Oldest Competitive Game Player Passed Away »

Video Proof: Bully's Jimmy Hopkins Likes To Kiss Boys!

A few days ago we brought you a story about gay content in Rockstar Games’ uber-controversial Bully. Armed with my trusty PS2 and a brand spanking new copy of Bully, I set forth to find the boys who are available for kissing. I know of four, but the one I found first was Vance, one of the “white shirts”. After a little talking and a bouquet of flowers he was more than willing to get down to business, and he and our hero Jimmy really seemed to enjoy it. I was shocked later, when I went into the town near the school, to find my blonde hunk holding hands with a red haired jock while waiting in line for the movies. Needless to say, my heart was broken, but I was able to see through my tears long enough to make this little video of the whole make-out experience. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it.

Make the jump to watch the video that will give Jack Thompson a heart attack.

A few days ago we brought you a story about gay content in Rockstar Games’ uber-controversial Bully. Armed with my trusty PS2 and a brand spanking new copy of Bully, I set forth to find the boys who are available for kissing. I know of four, but the one I found first was Trent, one of the “white shirts”. After a little talking and a bouquet of flowers he was more than willing to get down to business, and he and our hero Jimmy really seemed to enjoy it. I was shocked later, when I went into the town near the school, to find my blonde hunk holding hands with a red haired jock while waiting in line for the movies. Needless to say, my heart was broken, but I was able to see through my tears long enough to make this little video of the whole make-out experience. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it.

Great minds must think alike as our friends over at Gamebrink (who broke the story originally) have posted their video of this momentous event too!

I claim first comment. Hottest. Story. EVER.

Carboard Tube Samurai said:

Whoa…

So all I would of had to do was give some flowers to that baseball player I lusted after in high school? Go figure.

Orange Yoshi said:

LOL Hysterical! The exaggerated sound effects are my favorite.

Leo said:

lol, yes…the sound effects were def. exaggerated.

toots said:

St. Peter on a praline! Those boys were making out, for real though. In high school! I’m gonna start a novena.

John Hummel said:

I’m wondering if this will throw fuel to the fire to the “OMG! Bully will totally destroy our civilization!” crowd. People don’t seem to mind if people die or get beat up in a game – but good lord, if you see two boys kissing then civilization will really end!

Personally, I think it’s fine, and don’t have a problem with it (especially as the game makes it the player’s choice), but I’ll be curious to see if the Religious Right or similiar groups pick up on it.

Albert said:

Wow, that’s totally hotter than the Sims.

fauxfaia said:

I am SLAIN by the dialouge. SLAIN.

javier1814 said:

that’s hot!!!

Crazy Legs said:

“I’m a star baby, and I like presents.”

I’m going to incorperate that quote in daily life.

Coweh said:

Dear lord, he sounds like he’s having an orgasm.

Best. Game. Evar.

Tetsuo88 said:

Nice….Nice…

Awake said:

Hottest. Thing. Ever. :P

Hank said:

Hurray for Gays!

Tufas said:

Buying It As Soon As Possible. FTW!

E. Gauger said:

I love love love how Rockstar just threw this in here with absolutely zero commentary.

And how everyone was running around screaming “Columbine simulator!” while two underaged boys are making out in a parking lot like William S. Burroughs all over again. It’s gorgeous and important and cute.

Perhaps we should send Marc Foley a copy? I’m sure he would love it.

Richie said:

I love this. Games like this should be about choice. Is Jimmy bisexual? He is if you want him to be. I hope more games follow suit.

Hamtax said:

Hot Gay Coffee

snicks said:

funniest thing i’ve seen all year (even better than “PIZAZZ!” and the indian “THRILLER”)

Madamluna said:

This is pretty much why I bought the game in the first place :D;

Lenster said:

You can kiss all these guys…1 for each clique!

Trent (Bully), Kirby (Jock), Gord (Preppy), Vance (Greaser), Cornelius (Nerd) & the Townie kid in the white shirt with the yellow gear on it!

Makes me so happy that I don’t have to kiss a girl to regain all my health! LOL! :-)

icstep said:

Err.. most games you have an option. On FF7 you could take Barret on a date if you screwed up with Aeris, Tiffa, Yuffie. Same thing w/ Jade Empire, and a few others.

The option to be gay has been around for a while, anyway.

One thing I do give it is that usually you had to screw up bad with the girls to get a guy – and this seems to be different.

Andrew said:

Awesome!
“I’m such a player”

Mike Lambert said:

This is great. I mean, how many of you guys are sick of playing games with male leads where you have to get the girl or rescue the princess? Well damn it I wanted to rescue the prince!! You should be able to choose your romantic interests in open-ended games like this and Rockstar got it right.

TC said:

Now thats hot, I was hoping I could see them tweak each others pixils.

Amazed said:

So THIS is where gay people come from.

InsideOwt said:

Does your ability to ‘make-out’ with NPCs have any effect on the gameplay? Any bonuses or special events besides recovering health?

PS. Jimmy is a cutie! I have to get this game!

aluncouk said:

I love the link and love to kiss guys just need to find one for my self

GardeProphet said:

Oh, oh the dialogue. This is so wonderful, I just don’t know what to say…

Magic Pink said:

“Err.. most games you have an option.”

No, no, you really really REALLY don’t. I can only name 3 and you already mentioned 2 of them.

Cory said:

hahaha, great! i’ll have to try that at school! flowers, huh…...........?

kimpira said:

@Magic Pink: If you count sandbox-type games, there’s the Sims 1 and 2. Fable is another one where you can court other guys.

It seems like it’s mostly a PC gaming phenomenon. It’s likely because PC style RPGs have always tended towards D&D-style “create your own character from scratch” type games.

That said, I’d love to see more console games that give you the option to choose who you want to date if they force a romantic subplot on you.

mechahomo said:

OK, the sad thing here is that as cheesey as the sounds are, they’re still better than the “oooh!” the guy in Fable yells at the end of the …... cut-scene..? Hrm… cut-scene Does that sound dirty to anyone else?

james said:

veja este video

Albie said:

“I’m hot, you’re hot…let’s make out.”

I almost spit out my drink I was laughing so hard.

QueerMeNow said:

Nice, I ‘ll definitely buy this game.

Cap said:

Are they gonna produce this for any other platforms. I dont have a PS2 dammit.

Cam said:

@kimpira

in fable you can court ‘one’ other guy – and he’s totally queenie (not that there’s anything wrong with that) – the gay community we love our stereotypes.. looks like bully i can get the jock =)

so close in highschool – never quite got there.. bully* will bring back the dream lol

*canis canum edit – whatever!

Alex said:

That ‘date’ in FF7 didn’t really qualify, in my opinion. Never once is a romantic sentiment expressed – Barret just talks about his adopted daughter.

Andy said:

Each one has his own fancy and free choices. Jimmy just accentuate the truth of the natural human nature. Absurd it could be but it is the truth. The player then chooses what he likes to do or not. A choice for each one to make…hurray!!!

Miaou said:

Soooooooooo great ^^ it’s sad that the guy seems to be really irritating… but anyway, it’s nice and confy to see a almost gay character in a video game !!!!

roadbum said:

Do you suppose Bully has a secret code waiting to be unlocked i.e. “hot coffee”

Wonderer said:

Hey I just checked out all the guys you can make out with, and none of them are African American, I guessed they would think about them since they included the gay stuff, but in the other hand, there aren’t any African American girls to kiss either…

unicogirl said:

black character named Cornelius is avalible for kissing, he is in the Nerd group. since i dont have the game i dont know if there are any black girls. but their is a black female kids

Brad Vanzetti said:

Gross.

Hinata said:

...OMFG! I LOVE YOU! XDDDDD Thank you so much for that wonderful little tidbit of information! XD I just wish Jimmy would get with Gary… well, once he gets back on his meds. XD I KNEW Jimmy was at least bi.

Jonah Falcon said:

Jimmy is straight, bi or gay, depending on how you play. You’re writing the story.

bob said: