« Eragon Interview Sheds Light On Development | Main | Castlevania Movie Creeps Closer »

One More Question: What Are You Going to do With Your Gamecube When You Get A Wii?

We’d certainly like to know! At least I would. I’ve been thinking about trading it in when the Wii arrives, but I have a GameBoy Advance adapter attached to it and I’d kind of like to keep it around. If I traded it in, it would cut down some of the cost of the Wii and accessories and free up some real estate for the incoming Wii. Would I miss the GC? I don’t know…what do you think you’ll do with your Gamecubes when you get a Wii? After all, the Wii should be able to play any and all GC titles.

Shin Gallon said:

I’m keeping mine. I develop emotional attachments to my consoles and games, and rarely if ever sell/trade one.
Plus, GB Player is the best peripheral ever, I’m not giving it up.

peteypuke said:

im keeping mine as well. it will probably make the transition from living room into the bedroom. boom chicka boom

Avshalon said:

I’m going to trade in my old GC…I wanted the black one but was stuck with the purple at launch. There are plug-ins for GC controllers on Wii, so I figured might as well streamline the video game area. Hell I could even get rid of my SNES because of virtual console…but I just wouldn’t be able to live with myself.

Spaz said:

I’m passing mine along to a gaming-challenged friend. Pay it forward. Or backward, or sideways… whichever.

Fruit Brute said:

I’ll be sending mine to Get Well Gamers, a charity that donates systems and games to children requiring long term hospital treatments.

Super Timsy said:

Hmmm, good idea Fruit Brute! I may explore that option, myself. I typically grow attached to my consoles/games, as well…even the bad ones, but that would be a good thing to do.

Cory said:

I am going to get rid of mine before:
~The Wii comes out.
~Before the credit drops on the Gamecube, just so that I can get as much credit on it as I can.
Are those bad excuses? Of course not!

MuddBstrd said:

First I’m going to see if my bro wants it. If he doesn’t, I’ll trade it in. I’ll be ticked though if the Wii doesn’t play all the GC games.

Katsuya Kaiba said:

Probaly pass it forward!

Dano said:

I traded mine in a couple weeks ago and am going to use the money on my Wii

Fevrin said:

I have a purple GC and a platinum GC (love both), and I plan on selling the purple one in the near future (you have to press the Open button pretty hard, which is annoying; also, it’s in the basement, and I haven’t used it in months (years?)).

Pink Godzilla said:

I’ll be keeping mine. I have it decked out to the theme of my favorite game of all time, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and it will be much easier to take to places than a Wii will. Well, I wont worry about it being damaged as much, anyway.

Noun said:

I’ll keep mine until my skepticism (in regard to backward compatibility) subsides.

DCFC Fan said:

Anyone who is considering “getting rid of” their old Gamecube, keep in mind that the already semi low resale value (my opinion) and the fact the value will drop again with the Wii release. You won’t be getting much for your hardware.

Having said that… :) I was going to mention Get Well Gamers, but Fruit beat me to it. You can read all about the organization at their web site, http://www.get-well-gamers.org/

They are happy to accept any donations of video game hardware, even “incomplete” hardware sets, some broken items can be repaired, cables and adapters are needed all the time, as we all well know.

So I personally will be wrapping my unscathed purple lunch box of a console, along with all the newly unneeded cables, wired controllers and whatever games and game guides that I know damn well I won’t play or use again.

Surely someone who is bored to death watching all 8 hospital television channels would get much more enjoyment out of that old copy of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 than the $2.00 store credit at Gamestop ever will. But if you send THPS3, just be sure to send your copy of Pikmin to help balance your karma out with the universe.

Again, any complete or incomplete system and accessories are welcomed. Get Well Gamers also accepts cash donations that help to provide these items as well.

So please, take a moment and check them out. We love helping the kids! :)

Eric D said:

The get well gamers thing is a great idea.

raindog said:

Keeping mine. I’m all about the Game Boy Player.

Might donate the one at my parents’ house, though, which also has a Game Boy Player as well as 4 controllers and the DK bongos. (I’ll be keeping the Karaoke Revolution microphone in hopes the Wii’s memory card slots are compatible with it.)

JezebelSeven said:

Already sold mine at EBgames, thanks to their bonus $20 credit offer. Got a nice $50 for it. Not bad, considering I paid $100 for it and Animal Crossing.
Those of you who are trading in—Now is the time to do it for your best value back.

That being said, I strongly also suggest either popping it on ebay and donating the value to either Childs Play Charity or donating it to Get Well Gamers. Much better causes, and had I thought about those before, I’d probably just be doing that.