A recent OXM podcast featured Bethesda's Todd Howard where he released a number of details on Fallout 3 (every time I speak that name I quiver with pleasure). Mr. Howard revealed that the game is complete but needs a ton of polish. Fallout 3 will also have over 200 endings. Wow! I don't even know what to say about that. Here are a few details from the podcast as lovingly put together by A Post Nuclear Blog:
- "Fans sending death threats" says one of the OXM guys. Another one calls Fallout fans"rabid Right Wing kind of fans".
- Over 200 endings, since last week. The 12 endings was surpassed sometime ago.
- The game is twice bigger than what they thought in the beginning.
- Always just one humanoid-type companion, and another NPC like Dogmeat.
- Dogmeat can die, but they are working on his health and how you maintain him.
- Dogmeat can be given assignments, and will try to follow them with his Radiant AI.
- Brotherhood of Steel doing their own thing; already in finished state on the game; they are on the verge of extinction, you'll interact with them a lot more after a determined point in the game.
- The game is finished, but needs a lot more polishing and testing, they are doing many playthroughs; they keep adding stuff, sometimes it takes 100 hours to play, just the main quest takes about 20 hours.
- Absolutely tracking at fall 2008.
More details are given on the podcast. So, if you are interested in all things post nuclear as I am, go give the podcast a listen. By the way, that picture is awesome. Bloody Mess was always one of my Perks in the Fallout 1 and 2.