The above video is ostensibly a series of helpful messages about how to score your would-be Valentine, but it's also a campy-as-hell homage to those ancient infomercials that run through clips from a compilation or best-of album. Everything from the announcer to the cheesy still shots are in place to bring forth the bile you usually only reserve for phrases ending in "have your credit card ready."
All this revelry is especially admirable considering the recent layoffs at Harmonix, and the fact that they haven't found a publisher for their future ventures yet. Still, it's a brave move and a delightful surprise on this of all days.
For reference, here are the tracks in this "February Heartache Duets' Pack":
• Animotion -- "Obsession"Each is $2, but you'll save $3 by buying the pack. See some Harmonix employees dance around in adorable drag, and then buy the music they're working on to show them the love!
• B.o.B. (featuring Hayley Williams) -- "Airplanes"
• Bonnie Tyler -- "Total Eclipse of the Heart
• The Human League -- "Don't You Want Me"
• Lady Antebellum -- "Need You Now"
• Meat Loaf -- "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"
• Stevie Nicks -- "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"