As we all know, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming out on November 20. And while Nintendo has already revealed that the Wii title will actually be a prequel, laying the foundation for the rest of the series, today they teased us with a few more plot tidbits, which I will relay for you here!
- Introduction: The new game's storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town suspended high in the sky, on the day before young Link™ is to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honor of taking part in a special ceremony with Zelda™.
- Link and Zelda: Friends since childhood, Link and Zelda have always shared a special bond. Events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship.
- Groose: Link's nemesis at school, Groose, plays a significant role in the early moments of the new game. This bully of a character not only threatens Link's chances to win the bird-flying competition, but he also reveals a jealous streak toward Link and Zelda's special bond.
- Fi: Early on in Link's new adventure, he encounters Fi, the spirit of the powerful Goddess Sword. Fi's guidance proves to be crucial as Link goes forth on a challenging quest that will ultimately result in the creation of the Master Sword.
- Zelda's father: Gaepora, Zelda's father, is the headmaster of Link's school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft.
I like that we're going to actually see the forging of the Master Sword. That's pretty cool. But the thing I don't quite get is how this will tie into the other games, since they're all kind of just variations on a theme. Unless Skyward Sword will set up some kind of multiple reality storyline where there must always be a hero named Link in a green outfit who saves the day from an evil while rescuing a princess named Zelda. It's just the details that vary. Nintendo is promising more storyline details and features will be revealed before the launch, but we're probably going to have to wait until November 20 to play it and find out everything!