On my pristine oak desk, nestled between the bookshelf and the bearskin rug in my study, there are three things: a quill pen, a bronze bust of Immanuel Kant, and a running list of things I don't care about. The elusive ingredient in The Colonel's secret recipe, whether black should be considered a color (or merely an absence of light), and the results the 2004 Eurovision semifinals all make appearances; yet at the very top, penned in elaborate, calligraphic script, reads the words "any game with 'vs. Zombies' tacked on the end of its title."
Yet, as the tides of fate once again conspire to drown my cynicism in a sea of pixelicious frolic, I found myself vaguely charmed the new iOS game, Judge Dredd vs. Zombies. Granted, Judge Dredd isn't exactly my thing, but top-down, Smash TV-style games, however... well, you get the point. Featuring silly catchphrases and what a merry of bard once described as "not punishment - GUNishment," the game looks to be a bit of lighthearted fun.
From the developers:
- Simple to learn and use 'Single-Stick' controls
- Four upgradeable weapons
- Seven equipment upgrades, from Body Armor to Iron Will - each gives a different combat advantage
- Three episodes and thirty levels of game play, with high replayability
- Star and Commendation system reward skilled gameplay - are you good enough to earn a Commendation?
- Game Center support with 16 achievements to collect!
- Universal App - supports iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch
- Compatible with iOS version 4.2+
Judge Dredd vs. Zombies is currently available on the App Store for $0.99. Thus far there are only two reviews on the page - with one and five stars respectively - so it's anyone's guess as to whether the game is worth the asking price. Still, if you have a dollar at your disposal and no idea how to spend it, you're invited to lord over the myriad horde as judge, jury and executioner - scratch that: FLEXicutioner.