Nintendo previously bundled a pink 3DS with a copy of nintendogs + cats, but now, just in time for Valentine's Day, they're offering it as a stand-alone handheld at the normal retail price of $169.99. There's really not much more to say about it except that if you were waiting for a pink version of the system to buy one but didn't want to buy the bundle with the game, now's your chance! Although honestly, the sale points that Nintendo put in the press release are kind of hilarious in the way they try to make it seem like a perfect Valentine's Day present for your sweetie:
- With the system's built-in camera, sweethearts can each use their system to capture and share 3D photos and videos of romantic outings this Valentine's Day - and always.
- The new Swapnote™ application, which is available for download from the Nintendo eShop at no cost, lets users create and send customized 3D love notes to their sweethearts from their Nintendo 3DS.
- The adorable virtual pets in the nintendogs™ + cats game can bring out players' sweet side and make great portable companions on those lonely days when they're apart.
- Users can share creative passion with their beloved by playing downloadable games such as Pushmo™ and Freakyforms™: Your Creations, Alive!, both available from the Nintendo eShop, and by exchanging QR codes to show off their heartfelt handiwork.
- The multiplayer modes in the Mario Kart™ 7 game invite players to get their hearts and their karts racing on a wild array of 3D Mario-themed courses.