Tomb Raider might not be out until March 5, 2013, but Square Enix has already announced the contents of the Collector's Edition, and it's actually kind of awesome. It contains:
- An 8-inch Play Arts -KAI- action figure of Lara Croft, with three alternate hands and various weapons. It's a really well-done figure, and I'm happy that she's not too beat up-looking.
- A double-sided 15"x19" map and poster with key landmarks from the island of Yamatai on one side and the box art on the other.
- An exclusive 5"x7" lithographic print with matte frame designed by Crystal Dynamic's Brian Horton (senior art director) and Brenoch Adams (concept artist).
- Three iron-on "experience shields" based on the experience icons in the game for "Animal Instincts," the "Climbing Axe" and "Fire Arrow."
- A CD of 10 tracks featuring over an hour's worth of music from the game's soundtrack.
- A weapons pack DLC with various bonus weapons to help Lara survive on Yamatai.
All of this and the game, too! will be packaged in a "survival tin" and made available in limited quantities for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for $99.99 on the same day as the standard edition (which, as I mentioned before, will be March 3!).