There are two things we know about British people – one indisputably true, the other, a result of inference. The former is that they represent the very height of class and sophistication: their minds harboring clever witticisms and salvos of wordplay that would make the most fervent english-geek blush. In light of this, we can only conclude that they must be robots.
Yet there are those who call attention to the plight of the organic Briton. One such group is UK-based Big Robot, creator of the “tweedpunk” game, Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Having exceeded its Kickstarter goal – garnering £92,551, with a goal of £40,000 – the game is well into production, with a multiplayer component to be added for meeting its £80,000 stretch goal. For those who didn’t contribute to the Kickstarter, the pre-order for Sir, You Are Being Hunted is currently live. This perilous trek through the British countryside can be secured for $20 through the Humble Store; those who do so will also enjoy “early access in our second round of testing prior to release, along with the base Kickstarter tiers.
So for those keen on taking the fight to the robot aristocracy, check out the above links for more info on Sir, You Are Being Hunted! For those particularly curious, here’s an overview (from the Kickstarter page) of some of the game’s features:
- Procedural tools to generate, save, and explore your own landscapes.
- Open-ended gameplay: choose how you want to play. Complete the game non-lethally, or use whatever you can find to bring down the tweedbot menace.
- A Thief-style visibility-meter combined with our own foliage-based stealth system.
- Unique generative soundtrack.
- A disembodied sinister butler!
- No DRM!
- Varied loot including weapons, traps, booze, marmalade, tea, something that may or may not be bacon, and a dead rabbit.
- Fires to cook that rabbit on. (And other things besides!)
- Mac, Windows and Linux versions.
- Strange lore and pipe-smoking moustache-wearing mechanical locals.